Human. Part 19
You’re reading novel Human. Part 19 online at LightNovelFree.com. Please use the follow button to get notification about the latest chapter next time when you visit LightNovelFree.com. Use F11 button to read novel in full-screen(PC only). Drop by anytime you want to read free – fast – latest novel. It’s great if you could leave a comment, share your opinion about the new chapters, new novel with others on the internet. We’ll do our best to bring you the finest, latest novel everyday. Enjoy!
10. Kennedy, P.R., and Bakay, R.A. (1998). Restoration of neural output from a paralyzed patient by a direct brain connection. NeuroReport 9: 170711.
11. Kennedy, P.R., Bakay, R.A.E., Moore, M.M., Adams, K., and Goldwaithe, J. (2000). Direct control of a computer from the human central nervous system. IEEE Transactions on Rehabilitation Engineering 8: 198202.
12. Donoghue, J.P. (2002). Connecting cortex to machines: Recent advances in brain interfaces. Nature Neuroscience 5 (Suppl.): 108588.
13. Abbott, A. (2006). Neuroprosthetics: In search of the sixth sense. Nature 442: 12527.
14. Fromherz, P., et al. (1991). A neuron-silicon junction: A Retzius cell of the leech on an insulated-gate field effect transistor. Science 252: 129092.
15. Fromherz, P. (2006). Three levels of neuroelectronic interfacing: Silicon chips with ion channels, nerve cells, and brain tissue. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences 1093: 14360.
16. Hochberg, L.R., Serruya, M.D., Friehs, G.M., Mukand, J.A., Saleh, M., Caplan, A.H., Branner, A., Chen, D., Penn, R.D., and Donoghue, J.P. (2006). Neuronal ensemble control of prosthetic devices by a human with tetraplegia. Nature 442: 16471.
17. Georgopoulos, A.P., Kalaska, J.F., Caminiti, R., and Ma.s.sey, J.T. (1982). On the relations between the direction of two-dimensional arm movements and cell discharge in primate motor cortex. Journal of Neuroscience 11:152737.
18. Georgopoulos, A.P., Caminiti, R., Kalaska, J.F., and Ma.s.sey, J.T. (1983). Spatial coding of movement: A hypothesis concerning the coding of movement direction by motor cortical populations. Experimental Brain Research Supplement 7: 32736.
19. Georgopoulos, A.P., Kettner, R.E., and Schwartz, A.B. (1988). Primate motor cortex and free arm movements to visual targets in three-dimensional s.p.a.ce, II: Coding of the direction of movement by a neuronal population. Journal of Neuroscience 8: 292837.
20. Andersen, R.A., and Buneo, C.A. (2002). Intentional maps in posterior parietal cortex. Annual Review of Neuroscience 25: 189220.
21. Batista, A.P., Buneo, C.A., Snyder, L.H., and Andersen, R.A. (1999). Reach plans in eye-centered coordinates. Science 285: 25760.
22. Buneo, C.A., Jarvis, M.R., Batista, A.P., and Andersen, R.A. (2002). Direct visuomotor transformations for reaching. Nature 416: 63236.
23. Musallam, S., Corneil, B.D., Greger, B., Scherberger, H., and Andersen, R.A. (2004). Cognitive control signals for neural prosthetics. Science 305(5681): 25862.
24. Wolpaw, J.R. (2007). Brain-computer interfaces as new brain output pathways. Journal of Physiology 579: 61319.
25. Vaughan, T.M., and Wolpaw, J.N. (2006). The third international meeting on brain-computer interface technology: Making a difference. IEEE Transactions on Neural Systems and Rehabilitation Engineering 14: 12627.
26. Berger, T.W., Ahuja, A., Courellis, S.H., Deadwyler, S.A., Erinjippurath, G., Gerhardt, G.A., Gholmieh, G., et al. (2005). Restoring lost cognitive function. IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology 24, no. 5: 3044.
28. Gelernter, D. (2007). What are people well informed about in the information age? In Brockman, J. (ed.), What Is Your Dangerous Idea? New York: Harper.
31. Thomaz, A.L., Berlin, M., and Breazeal, C. (2005). Robot science meets social science: An embodied computational model of social referencing. Cognitive Science Society workshop July 2526: 717.
32. Suzuki, T., Inaba, K., and Takeno, J. (2005). Conscious robot that distinguishes between self and others and implements imitation behavior. Paper presented at: Innovations in Applied Artificial Intelligence, 18th International Conference on Industrial and Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence and Expert Systems, Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence 3533: 10110.
33. Donald, M. (1999). Preconditions for the evolution of protolanguages. In Corballis, M.C., and Lea, S.E.G. (eds.), The Descent of Mind. New York: Oxford University Press.
34. Breazeal, C., Brooks, A., Gray, J., Hoffman, G., Kidd, C., Lee, H., Lieberman, J., Lockerd, A., and Mulanda, D. (2004). Humanoid robots as cooperative partners for people. International Journal of Humanoid Robotics 1 (2): 134.
35. Breazeal, C., Buchsbaum, D., Gray, J., Gatenby, D., and Blumberg, B. (2005). Learning from and about others: Towards using imitation to bootstrap the social understanding of others by robots. Artificial Life 11 (2): 3162. Also in Rocha, L., and Almedia e Costa, F. (eds.), Artificial Life X (pp. 11130). Cambridge, MA: MIT Press.
36. Barsalou, L.W., Niedenthal, P.M., Barbey, A., and Tuppert, J. (2003). Social embodiment. In Ross, B. (ed.), The Psychology of Learning and Motivation (pp. 4392). Boston: Academic Press.
37. Anderson, A. (2007). Brains cannot become minds without bodies. In Brockman, J. (ed.), What Is Your Dangerous Idea? New York: Harper.
38. Hawkins, J., with Blakeslee, S. (2004). On Intelligence. New York: Henry Holt.
41. Searle, J. (1980). Minds, brains, and programs. The Behavioral and Brain Sciences 3: 41757.
43. Turing, A.M. (1950). Computing machinery and intelligence. Mind 59: 43360.
45. Sharma, J., Angelucci, A., and Sur, M. (2000). Induction of visual orientation modules in auditory cortex. Nature 404: 84147.
46. Von Melchner, L., Pallas, S.L., and Sur, M. (2000). Visual behaviour mediated by retinal projections directed to the auditory pathway. Nature 404: 87176.
47. Majewska, A., and Sur, M. (2006). Plasticity and specificity of cortical processing networks. Trends in Neuroscience 29: 32329.
48. Bach y Rita, P. (2004). Tactile sensory subst.i.tution studies. Annals of the New York Academy of Sciences 1013: 8391.
49. Donald, M. (1993). Human cognitive evolution: What we were, what we are becoming. Social Research 60: 14370.
50. Pain, E. (2006). Leading the blue brain project. Science Careers. Oct. 6, http://sciencecareers.sciencemag.org/career_development/previous_issues/articles/2006_10_06/leading_the_blue_brain_project/(parent)/68.
51. Stock, G. (2003). From regenerative medicine to human design: What are we really afraid of? DNA and Cell Biology 22: 67983.
52. Cohen, N.S., Chang, A., Boyer, H., and h.e.l.ling, R. (1973). Construction of biologically functional bacterial plasmids in vitro. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 70: 324044.
53. Brown, B.D., Venneri, M.A., Zingale, A., Sergi, L.S., and Naldini, L. (2006). Endogenous microRNA regulation suppresses transgene expression in hematopoietic lineages and enables stable gene transfer. Nature Medicine 12: 58591.
54. Hacein-Bey-Abina, S., von Kalle, C., Schmidt, M., et al. (2003). LMO2-a.s.sociated clonal T cell proliferation in two patients after gene therapy for SCID-X1. Science 302: 41519.
55. Cavazzana-Calvo, M., Hacein-Bey, S., De Saint Basile, G., Gross, F., Yvon, E., Nusbaum, P., Selz, F., et al. (2000). Gene therapy of human severe combined immunodeficiency (SCID)-X1 disease. Science 288: 66972.
56. Hacein-Bey-Abina, S., Le Deist, F., Carlier, F., et al. (2002). Sustained correction of X-linked severe combined immunodeficiency by ex vivo gene therapy. New England Journal of Medicine 346: 118593.
57. Gaspar, H.B., et al. (2004). Gene therapy of X-linked severe combined immunodeficiency by use of a pseudotyped gammaretroviral vector. Lancet 364: 218187.
58. Ott, M.G., Schmidt, M., Schwarzwaelder, K., Stein, S., Siler, U., Koehl, U., Glimm, H., et al. (2006). Correction of X-linked chronic granulomatous disease by gene therapy, augmented by insertional activation of MDS1-EVI1, PRDM16 or SETBP1. Nature Medicine 12: 4019.
60. Renwick, P. J., Trussler, J., Ostad-Saffari, E., Fa.s.sihi, H., Black, C., Braude, P., Ogilvie, C.C., and Abbs, S. (2006). Proof of principle and first cases using preimplantation genetic haplotyping-a paradigm s.h.i.+ft for embryo diagnosis. Reproductive Bio-Medicine Online 13:11019.
62. Renwick, P., and Ogilvie, C.M. (2007). Preimplantation genetic diagnosis for monogenic diseases: Overview and emerging issues. Expert Review of Molecular Diagnostics 7: 3343.
63. Harrington, J.J., Van Bokkelen, G., Mays, R.W., Gustashaw, K., and Willard, H.F. (1997). Formation of de novo centromeres and construction of first-generation human artificial microchromosomes. Nature Genetics 15: 34555.
64. Stock, G. (2002). Redesigning Humans. Boston: Houghton Mifflin.
Human. Part 19
You're reading novel Human. Part 19 online at LightNovelFree.com. You can use the follow function to bookmark your favorite novel ( Only for registered users ). If you find any errors ( broken links, can't load photos, etc.. ), Please let us know so we can fix it as soon as possible. And when you start a conversation or debate about a certain topic with other people, please do not offend them just because you don't like their opinions.
Human. Part 19 summary
You're reading Human. Part 19. This novel has been translated by Updating. Author: Michael S. Gazzaniga already has 816 views.
It's great if you read and follow any novel on our website. We promise you that we'll bring you the latest, hottest novel everyday and FREE.
LightNovelFree.com is a most smartest website for reading novel online, it can automatic resize images to fit your pc screen, even on your mobile. Experience now by using your smartphone and access to LightNovelFree.com
- Related chapter:
- Human. Part 18